Special Events and Elections
On this page you will find important information regarding community events and elections.
April 4, 2017 Kansas City, MO Special Election
April 4 is quickly approaching and The Whole Person would like to share with you information about what is going to be on the ballot. This year the City of Kansas City, MO will hold an election to address the city’s infrastructure as well as address the need for accessibility.
Residents of Kansas City, MO will be asked to vote on the three questions listed below.
- Question #1 calls for approving the issuance of $600 million in bonds to repair streets, bridges, and sidewalks. This would also include trails. The City would use $150 million of these bonds to create a new, city-funded sidewalk repair program that eliminates the homeowner assessment.
- Question #2 calls for approving the issuance of $150 million in bonds to improve flood control to prevent floodwaters from backing up into homes and businesses.
- Question #3 calls for approving the issuance of $50 million in bonds to repair public buildings. This would include replacing the outdated animal shelter, in partnership with private fundraising, and renovating public buildings to satisfy federal ADA requirements.
This ballot initiative will be vital in making our city a city for all residents.
- Question #1 will allow for the city to make repairs to sidewalks in order for a level surface.
- Question #3 will help the city alleviate issues with city buildings not satisfying ADA requirements.
Remember to make your voice heard by voting in the Kansas City, MO April 4th election.
If you have any questions contact The Whole Person's Public Policy Department: