All nominations are due by May 31, 2018
The Award Categories are:
- Individual Award: Recognizes an individual who has been a champion of people with disabilities through their actions or involvement in organizations, events and their community. (Previous awardees include: Jed Stock ham, Deb Reithmeyer, David Jones, Tom and Debra Craig, and Tina and Leon Jackson, Adam Lane and Erin Brown)
- Corporate/Organization Award: Recognizes a business or organization for outstanding accomplishments in increasing the quality of life and promotion of inclusion of people with disabilities in their community. (Previous awardees include: Assurant Employee Benefits, DaVita and the Dream Catchers Division, 360 Architecture, Centric Projects, FOX 4, AMC Theaters, The Nelson Atkins Museum of Art and Synchrony Financial)
- Civic Leader Award: Recognizes an individual or organization which inspires others to make a difference by engaging with elected officials and key stakeholders in discussions to promote policies that support the mission of The Whole Person and independent living for people with disabilities. (Previous awardees include: Congressman Emanuel Cleaver II; Representative Jeff Grisamore; Jay Nixon; Diane Burnette and MainCor; Mark Gash and City of Olathe, Kansas, Persons with Disabilities Advisory Board; the Jackson County Sports Commission and the City of Independence, MO)
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Recognizes an individual who has contributed volunteer hours/service at an extraordinary level of dedication. (Previous awardees include: Jeremy Tercey)
- Organization/Corporate Volunteer Group of the Year Award: Recognizes an organization or corporate group who have contributed volunteer hours/service at an extraordinary level of dedication. (Previous awardees include: Netsmart)
- Paul H. Levy Founders Award: Named for the founder of The Whole Person, this award recognizes an individual who, through their life’s work, has been a tireless advocate for people with disabilities in the Kansas City metropolitan area. This individual embodies a passion to continue the work of Paul H. Levy in the civil rights movement of the independent living philosophy, a self-help model of advocacy and service by and for people of all disabilities. (Previous awardees include: Jean Bailey Smith, Dr. Charles Wheeler, Joseph Matovu, Don Harkin and Ability KC (formerly Rehabilitation Institute of Kansas City), Susie Haake, Sally Firestone and David Westbrook)
DOWNLOAD a Nominations flyer and form by clicking link below:
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, May 31, 2018.
It is preferred that your nomination be submitted electronically (using form below).
Nominations may also be mailed, faxed or emailed (See PDF Flyer and Form link below) on or before the deadline.
- By mail to: The Whole Person, Attn: Terri Goddard, 3710 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to: 816-931-0529 (please send an email to email@example.com telling her you are faxing prior to sending)
Please forward any questions about the awards nomination procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Night of Independence Gala Awards Nomination
Nomination Supporting Statement and Pertinent Information Documents:
- Please prepare your statement supporting your nomination and pertinent information document, and save the file(s) on your computer.
- Click on the "Browse" button below to locate the file(s) for upload. Files uploaded may be submitted as Word or PDF files.
- Please be sure to click the "Submit" key below to submit your nomination.