Power Soccer is the fast growing adaptive sport in the world. Skills the athletes learn on the court they take into their everyday lives. www.powersoccerusa.net (Video produced by Sean Conlon and Lightroom Studios LLC.)
Sign up for Youth Power Soccer HERE!
Sign up for Adult Power Soccer HERE!
Power Soccer is the first competitive team sport designed and developed specifically for power wheelchair users. Athletes' disabilities include quadriplegia, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, and many others. The game is played in a gymnasium on a regulation basketball court. Two teams of four players attack, defend, and spin-kick a 13-inch soccer ball in a skilled and challenging game similar to able-bodied soccer.
- Allows individuals with a variety of diagnosis in power wheelchairs to participate in a fun, recreational game of soccer
- Uses the same rules as traditional soccer
- Three players and a goalie make up one team
- Players have guards temporarily attached to their wheelchairs and use a larger soccer ball
- Participants must have swing away leg rests
- Four-wheel power wheelchair — will supply wheelchairs if needed
- Power wheelchairs with center posts or swing away leg rests are welcome. If you have center post leg rests or do not normally use a power wheelchair, please contact Mobility First at 816-350-7600.
- Participants must be able to independently maneuver a power wheelchair at varying rates of speed
- Participants must be able to follow one-three step directions independently
- For safety reasons, no cords or bags of any kind can hang from the wheelchair
To ensure a fun and safe event, youth must be:
- Ages K-12 and able to actively participate in workshop*
- Seizure free for at least 2 months*
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if participant is not physically independent*
*NOTE: Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before child can play. Waiver will be available at venue.
Special thanks to Mobility First or helping make our power wheelchair soccer workshops possible.