Join us for the Junior No Coast (K-12) Annual Wheelchair Tennis Series
The weekly series begins on Thursday, May 2 and continues through June 20, 2019 | 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. | Northland Racquet Club | 306 Tennis Ct., KC, MO
There is a $5.00 weekly participation fee.
The objectives of this series are:
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations and special needs to be introduced to and explore basic skills in a fun, recreational environment.
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations to learn the fundamentals of the game of tennis.
Goals of the series:
- Kids learn the basics of tennis in a fun interactive environment
- To improve hand/eye coordination, racquet skills, volleys and ground strokes.
- To prepare adaptive tennis players for competitive play.
Participation requirements - To ensure a fun and safe event, children must be:
- Ages K-12 and able to actively participate in the series*
- Seizure free for at least 2 months*
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if participant is not physically independent*
- Having participants be able to push a manual wheelchair independently is preferred*
*NOTE: Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before child can play. Waiver will be available at venue
The Youth Tennis Series will conclude with participation at the Sporting KC Abilities Clinic on June 20, 2019.
Participants must register below to participate.
The cost is $5.00 weekly and can be paid at each event or $40.00 for the entire series with registration. (Scholarships are available; contact Rick Haith for more information)
For more information, contact Rick Haith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-627-2229.