Join us for the Junior No Coast (K-12) Annual Wheelchair Tennis Series
The weekly series begins on Thursday, April 23 and continues through June 11, 2020 | 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. | Macken Park | 1002 Clark Ferguson Drive | North Kansas City, MO 64116
The objectives of this series are:
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations and special needs to be introduced to and explore basic skills in a fun, recreational environment.
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations to learn the fundamentals of the game of tennis.
Goals of the series:
- Kids learn the basics of tennis in a fun interactive environment
- To improve hand/eye coordination, racquet skills, volleys and ground strokes.
- To prepare adaptive tennis players for competitive play.
Participation requirements - To ensure a fun and safe event, children must be:
- Ages K-12 and able to actively participate in the series*
- Seizure free for at least 2 months*
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if participant is not physically independent*
- Having participants be able to push a manual wheelchair independently is preferred*
*NOTE: Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before child can play. Waivers are available online. A link will be provided at the time of registration.
The cost is $5.00 weekly and can be paid at each event or $40.00 for the entire series with registration. (Scholarships are available; contact Rick Haith for more information)
For more information, contact Rick Haith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-627-2229.