Junior All Abilities Tennis Program
- Ages 5-17 years introduction and advance playing opportunities at Northland Racquet Club.
- Tentative practice time for this program will be Saturday mornings.
- The cost is $5.00 weekly and can be paid at each practice (first practice free).
- Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before child can play. Waivers are available online.
The objectives of this program is:
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations and special needs to be introduced to and explore basic skills in a fun, recreational environment.
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations to learn the fundamentals of the game of tennis.
- Kids learn the basics of tennis in a fun interactive environment
- To improve hand/eye coordination, racquet skills, volleys and ground strokes.
- To prepare adaptive tennis players for competitive play.
Participation requirements - To ensure a fun and safe event, children must be:
- Ages 5-17 years and able to actively participate in the program
- Seizure free for at least 2 months
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if participant is not physically independent
- Having participants be able to push a manual wheelchair independently is preferred