The Show-Me Home program helps eligible Missourians who are age 18+ or adults who are physically disabled live more independently by:
- Allowing them to choose where they live and get helpful services
- Helping them move out of nursing facilities and transition to living independently in their community
- Providing them with person-centered, high-quality services in the community
The Show-Me Home team will also be available to work with you every step of the way, from the planning process, to finding housing, to applying for community support, and setting up your new home.
Who is Eligible for Show-Me Home?
To receive help through Show-Me Home, you must meet the following eligibility:
- Have a physical disability or be at least 18 years old.
- Be eligible for or currently have Missouri Medicaid (MO HealthNet) before moving out of a nursing facility.
- Have lived in a nursing facility for at least 60 days.
- Able to move into a home that is leased or owned by you or a family member, or move to residential housing with no more than four people living in the house.
If you qualify for help, you will participate in Show-Me Home for one year. Once your time with Show-Me Home is completed, you will continue to get help through home and community-based services and supports through MO HealthNet as long as you are eligible.
How Do I Get Help?
To find out if you qualify for Show-Me Home or to make a referral, contact a team member in your region to get started:
- Central: 573-751-6098
- Southwest: 417-895-5789
- Southeast: 573-290-5150
- St. Louis City & County: 314-340-7495
- Northwest: 816-889-2724
You can also contact the Division of Senior & Disability Services for help at 573-526-3128.
Transition Services for Kansas Residents
Transition services for Kansas residents must be referred through Aetna or Sunflower Managed Care.
Click for youth services page
Click to return to the Core Services Overview page