Junior Wheelchair Tennis Clinic
April 14 - May 19
Coaches Jarvis Stirn, Jeff Walker and Melissa Burns
The TWP Junior Wheelchair Tennis Clinic is aimed at introducing youth with a variety of physical limitations to explore basic skills in a fun, recreational environment and learn the fundamentals of tennis.
- Ages 5-17 years introduction and advanced playing opportunities.
- Location for clinics is: Northland Racquet Club. 306 Tennis Ct, North Kansas City, MO 64116.
- 6- week session on Thursdays, 6pm-7pm.
- Cost is $35.00/per player (Payment portal link below)
- Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before the start of the clinic. Waivers link given below.
- Rackets and sports chairs can be provided for youth who do not have their own.
- Ongoing practices after the clinic are also available.
- FREE t-shirt if you register by March 30, 2022.
Goals of the Clinic
- Youth learn the basics of tennis in a fun interactive environment
- To improve hand/eye coordination, racquet skills, volleys, and groundstrokes.
- To prepare adaptive tennis players for competitive play
Wheelchair tennis adaptations
Wheelchair tennis is one of the fastest-growing recreational and competitive sports for people with disabilities and one of the most accessible and integrated sports around the country. Wheelchair tennis follows the same rules as able-bodied tennis, with one exception. That being, the wheelchair tennis player is allowed two bounces instead of one.
To ensure a fun and safe event, youth must be:
- Able to follow 1-3 directions at a time.
- Seizure free for at least 2 months.
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if the participant is not physically independent.
- Preferred that participants be able to push a manual wheelchair independently.
Click to complete our waiver.
Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before the start of the clinic.
Clinic Payment Portal
Click to submit your $35 participant fee through our secure payment portal.