Get help with utilities, food, drug costs and transportation!
Benefit Enrollment Centers, such as The Whole Person (TWP), help low income Medicare eligible seniors and people with disabilities identify and apply for benefit programs.
The BEC designation allows TWP to work with consumers to identify and enroll in entitlement benefits and assistance programs in the community they might not have known about, or help if they need assistance to complete the applications. These programs include, but are not limited to, these core benefits:
- Medicare Part D Extra Help/Low-Income Subsidy (LIS)
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
BECs also helps seniors and younger adults with disabilities to apply for other programs, such as Supplemental Security Income, State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs, local transportation assistance, tax relief, and more.
Anyone meeting the criteria below may apply; you do not need to be a current consumer of TWP. We will take applications from residents of Kansas and Missouri.
To qualify for the program you must fall into one of the following categories:
- A low income Medicare eligible senior
- A person with a disability