Youth (K-18) Power Soccer Four-Week Series
The Youth Power Soccer Sessions are four-week-series consisting of one, two-hour practice per week for four weeks.
The goals of the series are to:
- Introduce the participants to the basic of power soccer
- Assess the participants chair skills, ball skills, and the comprehension of the game rules and game play as the program continues to develop.
Fall 2022 Session:
Saturdays, 10:00am - 12:00pm; August 27, September 3, 10, 17.
All sessions will be held at Garrison Community Center, 1124 E. 5th St., Kansas City, MO.
- Allows individuals with a variety of diagnosis in power wheelchairs to participate in a fun, recreational game of soccer
- Uses the same rules as traditional soccer
- Three players and a goalie make up one team
- Players have guards temporarily attached to their wheelchairs and use a larger soccer ball
- Participants must have swing away leg rests
- Four-wheel power wheelchair — will supply wheelchairs if needed
- Power wheelchairs with center posts or swing away leg rests are welcome. If you have center post leg rests or do not normally use a power wheelchair, please contact Mobility First at 816-350-7600.
- Participants must be able to independently maneuver a power wheelchair at varying rates of speed
- Participants must be able to follow one-three step directions independently
- For safety reasons, no cords or bags of any kind can hang from the wheelchair
To ensure a fun and safe event, youth must be:
- Ages K-18 and able to actively participate in workshop*
- Seizure free for at least 2 months*
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if participant is not physically independent*
*NOTE: Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before child can play. Waiver will be available at venue.