Night of Independence Award Nominations
Every year we honor individuals, organizations and businesses in Kansas City who advocate for people with disabilities through their actions and support. We welcome nominations from our community for the awards listed below.
Please complete the online form at the bottom of this page to submit the name of the person, business or organization you wish to nominate.
The Award Categories for 2022 are:
- Individual Award: Recognizes an individual who has been a champion of people with disabilities through their actions or involvement in organizations, events and their community. (Previous awardees include: Jed Stockham, Deb Reithmeyer, David Jones, Tom and Debra Craig, and Tina and Leon Jackson, Adam Lane, Erin Brown, Sarah Castle, Kevin Moore, Paul Titterington, and Dr. Mark Fisher.)
- Corporate/Organization Award: Recognizes a business or organization for outstanding accomplishments in increasing the quality of life and promotion of inclusion of people with disabilities in their community. (Previous awardees include: Assurant Employee Benefits, DaVita and the Dream Catchers Division, 360 Architecture, Centric Projects, FOX 4, AMC Theaters, The Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Synchrony Financial, the Kansas City Royals, Sprint, Mobility First, Inc.)
Deadline for nominations is June 30, 2022.
Nomination Supporting Statement and Pertinent Information Documents:
- Please prepare your statement supporting your nomination and pertinent information document, and save the file(s) on your computer.
- Click on the "Browse" button below to locate the file(s) for upload. Files uploaded may be submitted as Word or PDF files.
- Please be sure to click the "Submit" key below to submit your nomination.